1. On the website it says 12 people max. There were 23 of us. Way too many to hear what the guide was saying in the market or on the bus
2. The first stop is a mural painted by a Belgian artist. Who cares?!
3. Lunch was good, but they say 'come hungry' and all you get before lunch (served at 1:30 PM) is a bit of milk
4. The memorial was closed because of a visit by the president of Congo Brazzaville. Fine, not gokigali's fault, but there was no plan B.
5. The tour description says there's a water taxi ride. There isn't. Our guide said they stopped offering that a while back...
6. The tour description says 'neighborhood walk'. There was no such thing.
7. We very quickly walked through a market, but it is worth noting that it wasn't THE market, the one all the sites/blogs mention: Kimironko
8. Our guide Eric was friendly, but at one point he stopped for a personal errand (leaving us sweating on the bus)!and he didn't take our names at the start of the tour, so people who only paid for half a day probably got a whole day.
Overall I was disappointed by the tour and did not gain much local knowledge (party because I couldn't always hear what Eric was saying). It is an expensive day and you do not get your money's worth. And forget buying anything at the gokigali shop. The prices are ridiculous!